BOOK AND CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE
Putting the safety of our guests and crew first with MSC's leading protocol
MSC Cruises is offering a safe and stress-free holiday option for you and your loved ones thanks to our stringent MSC Cruises Health & Safety Protocol.
The below measures are applicable to sailings in the upcoming months and through Summer 2022.
ALL GUESTS AND CREW
VACCINATED AND TESTED
PEACE OF MIND
AND AFTER THE CRUISE
A FULL EXPERIENCE TO MAKE
YOUR CRUISE SAFE & ENJOYABLE
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS BY COUNTRY OF
RESIDENCE AND CRUISE DESTINATION
Before booking your cruise, please check HERE if you are allowed to embark according to your country of residence. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there might be international travel restrictions depending on your cruise destination and your country of residence.
The exact protocols for Winter 2022/23 Red Sea & Saudia Arabia, South America and South Africa itineraries are subject to change and will adapt according to the evolution of the pandemic and local requirements. Information will be updated on a regular basis when available.
Update: Covid-19 insurance for Canadian residents is HIGHLY recommended but not mandatory for the following destinations: Mediterranean, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Israel, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Caribbean, and Northern Europe.
How we protect your health & safety
before, during and after your cruise
THE ONBOARD EXPERIENCEWe are committed to preserving the uniqueness of the onboard experience while ensuring that your health and safety are protected. You will continue to enjoy unique experiences including award-winning shows, world-class dining, excursions, family activities, boutique shopping, beauty and fitness services, engaging events and much more. Onboard services are subject to changes based on local regulations or other restrictions, in the context of the COVID-19 situation
We prepared a list of Frequent Asked Quesions (FAQ) to quickly get answers to you for the most common questions
- Are there any travel restrictions under the new protocol, such as current health status, past medical history or age?
- Are there any travel restrictions or travel requirements for the current cruise program?
EMBARKATION / DISEMBARKATION
- Is it possible to get tested during the cruise to comply with regulations from my travel back home?
For all sailings in the upcoming months, to ensure the highest standards of health and safety and allow a safe return home to our Guests in compliance with national regulations, MSC Cruises has organized the possibility for its guests to purchase and perform a RT-PCR test or an antigen test during their cruise.
The RT-PCR test will be charged 80 euros. The tests will be organized to comply with the 48h or 72h test validity to return to your country according to your national regulations. The antigenic test is always available for 25 euros. These tests do not substitute the complimentary covid tests performed on board to comply with our comprehensive health and safety protocol.
- What will happen if embarkation is denied to a guest for health reasons?
If a guest is then not considered fit to travel, they will be assisted in their next steps of a return home or will be potentially being treated in a local medical facility to ensure maximum support and care.
- What safety protocols will be implemented on transfers and shuttles?
We are extending our enhanced health and hygiene measures to all MSC transfers, including:
- Cleaning and sanitisation of all vehicles before any new group of guests
- Availability of hand sanitisation stations and disinfectant mats for footwear
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for all drivers
- Reduced number of guests with selected seats empty to ensure social distancing
- How are you cleaning and sanitising the guest cabins?
Every cabin will be deep cleaned at the end of each cruise before the next guests arrive for their holiday.
- How often are you sanitising public areas?
- What measures are you taking for the disembarkation process at the end of a cruise?
- How will the check-in take place?
Before the cruise, MSC Cruises invites all guests to download for free the MSC for Me app to start booking additional services, to secure space and to ensure a seamless onboard experience.
ONBOARD MEDICAL SERVICES
- What happens if there is a suspected case of COVID-19 on board?
- Have you agreed with specific ports that they will welcome your ships that have positive cases on board for medical assistance ashore?
- How the health of anyone on board is monitored?
- Which measures are required on board?
The wearing of face masks is highly recommended. In certain circumstances this recommendation might be due to a mandatory requirement in accordance with applicable health authorities regulations of a country or port of call visited. When ashore, guests must also follow any local regulations regarding face mask usage. These protocols are subject to change.
DINE & DRINK
- Will there be any changes to the bars and lounges?
- How I can prebook my drinks or restaurants onboard?
- How I can get the restaurants and drinks menu at bars and restaurants?
EXCURSIONS, ENTERTAINMENT & SERVICES
- Will guests still be able to enjoy the theatre shows and other activities?
Guests will enjoy our onboard award-winning entertainment but with a few changes:
- We are reducing the capacity of the theatre to allow for empty seats between guests
- The entertainment programme will be extended so that all guests can enjoy our award-winning shows
- Shows and activities will be pre-booked to manage the number of participants
The wearing of face masks is highly recommended. In certain circumstances this recommendation might be due to a mandatory requirement in accordance with applicable health authorities regulations of a country or port of call visited.
- Will the Kids Club be open and what kind of kids’ activities will be available?
New measures include reduced capacity, a streamlined registration process, contactless temperature check and hand sanitizer provided upon entry. We're adding new exciting activities and family game shows that will be available for booking up to one day in advance. Toys and water will be provided by our staff, while we'll keep out personal belongings as an additional safety measure.
Onboard services are subject to changes based on local regulations or other restrictions, in the context of the COVID-19 situation. Please note MSC Babycare (dedicated to babies and toddlers under 3 years old) won’t be temporarily available onboard our ships.
- Will you still have Spa and Fitness services available to guests?
For their health and comfort, guests will pre-book spa treatments, fitness sessions and thermal area visits by phone.
Fitness machines and equipment, spa areas and treatment rooms will be thoroughly sanitised after each use as well as deep-cleaned and disinfected every night.
All Spa staff have been trained on rigorous health and sanitation measures and will wear appropriate protective equipment.
Book now your Spa Packages!
*Due to the increased Health & Safety measures in order to grant a safe cruise for all our guests Thermal Area experiences are by appointment only. , all Thermal Area experiences are available for single use/social bubbles only and reservations are required.
- Will guests be able to use the casino?
- Will there be any restrictions to visit some ports?
Guests will be able to go ashore independently according to local requirements which are continually monitored and subject to change. Guests who are travelling with unvaccinated children are also able to go ashore independently (from April 1, 2022). For the best ashore experience, we recommend all guests explore destinations with the comfort, convenience, and safety of an MSC Cruises Shore Excursion, bookable pre-cruise and on board.
BLUE RIBBON COVID EXPERT GROUP
The MSC Cruises Health & Safety Protocol has been developed together with the Blue Ribbon Covid Expert Group,
comprised by highly qualified and internationally respected experts in the fields of health and safety